During the current lock-down, I will be invoicing for all remote help rather than my usual practice of adding it to my next visit. In addition, I am sending emails requesting payment for old remote calls (some of which go back to 2018!).
I am not making house calls except to collect and deliver to those customers who are self-isolating and cannot leave the house. This unfortunately means that I cannot help with internet or wireless issues except by discussion on the phone.
Whatever the problem, please phone on the landline in the first instance (it may be sometime before I notice SMS or email messages and even longer before I see facebook, skype or such messages). If I can help remotely that will be the first choice.
If your PC needs hands on work the following procedure is being used:
- A specific time is arranged for you to drop off the PC.
- With your PC please include your name, address, phone numbers (preferably including landline), PASSWORD to access PC, email address and a description of the problem as well as any other pertinent facts (e.g. dropped it, poured coffee on it, installed x, y & z).
- You should leave the PC by the door and step back after ringing the bell.
- I will bring in the PC and leave it for at least 10 hours before I work on it.
- Before collection, I will invoice Payment should be made by BACS or (if not available) by a cheque made out the PC Dr Dave Ltd.
- Collection will be done in a similar manner to delivery.
Thanks for your understanding.